OSM2.1 how do you turn lights off?

Using defaults. So I can turn the lights on but I haven't figured out how to actually turn them off. :/ if I hold till the white flash it will blink and then just return me to mode 1. If I hold till the red flash it will do the same. The only way I've figured out is to go to mode 4 (sorcery?) which starts with a blank and hold till the white flash and then for whatever reason that will turn them off, but I'm convinced it will still be draining batteries. Any help?

Re: OSM2.1 how do you turn lights off?

Thinking on it a little this seems to be a power consumption issue. What I think is happening is that when I attempt to turn the light off, there's some risidual power left over and vectr thinks I'm inserting batteries for the first time, thus resetting the light. When I go to mode 4 because the LED is off there is less risidual power and it will actually let the light switch offz

More info on this issue OSM2.1. It seems that trying to switch off the light on any odd numbered mode 1, 3, 5 and 7 will cause a hard reset of the light, trying to switch the light off on an even numbered mode 2, 4, 6 and 8 will switch the light off as expected. Not sure why but hopefully this info will help narrow down the problem. I suspect that this issue is causing my live preview issues.

I figured this out when trying to create a simpler firmware by eliminating potentially problematic modes in the hopes that simplicity would help activate live preview. What I realised is that even with only one mode on the chip the light can not be switched off as slot 1 (3, 5 and 7 as well) causes a hard reset of the light no matter what mode you used. It had nothing to do with the mode at all but it was the actual slot the mode was using that was causing the problems.

Yes 08-12-2016 build. OSM2.1(?) Programmer V2.

No live preview
Switching off bugs

I'm not 100% sure these are even OSM2.1. They're not OSM2.0 because Neo br7 doesn't work and only br8 does, but every software I try is riddled with problems, they're either faulty or perhaps another revision beyond OSM2.1. Does John have an OSM2.1 on hand for testing? If he does and these are in fact faulty/different I'll be happy to ship out one of my lights to try and help get these problems sorted, I have 13 so I made sure to buy extra in case of them breaking or other problems. If he doesn't then I'd still be happy to send one over for testing purposes.

fmosm wrote:Yes 08-12-2016 build. OSM2.1(?) Programmer V2.

No live preview
Switching off bugs

I'm not 100% sure these are even OSM2.1. They're not OSM2.0 because Neo br7 doesn't work and only br8 does, but every software I try is riddled with problems, they're either faulty or perhaps another revision beyond OSM2.1. Does John have an OSM2.1 on hand for testing? If he does and these are in fact faulty/different I'll be happy to ship out one of my lights to try and help get these problems sorted, I have 13 so I made sure to buy extra in case of them breaking or other problems. If he doesn't then I'd still be happy to send one over for testing purposes.

I sent him a link to this thread to reply when he has a chance, but i'm sure he would def love to have one of them to be able to test against, if he doesn't already.

In the meantime, can you post a picture of the front and back of the chip you're using? I should be able to tell you what it is based on how the chip looks, but will need a high quality picture of front and back without the case on it.

Thanks!