Re: OSM2.1 how do you turn lights off?

fmosm wrote:Ah, thanks! That fixed the switching off issues, but sadly I still have no live preview in vectrui. :( Perhaps could this be a driver issue? Or my programming cable? What's required for live preview to work?

You need to be connected to the light (by selecting the correct port in dropdown), with the light ON, click the "Connect" button ... once you click connect if it connects correctly you should be able to double click on a mode in the right hand side (list of all modes) and see the live preview.

One thing to remember as well, you MUST ... MUST ... MUST click disconnect before unplugging the chip (if you're connected to it)

It would only be a driver issue if you didn't install your driver correctly, and if that's the case, I strongly recommend that you follow my other tutorials first:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38

Also, you can techically get diagnostics by right-clicking on VectrUI and selecting "Inspect". In the window that pops up, open the "Console" tab. When you send data back and forth it'll show up. I'll try to add more info to that screen for the next version for better troubleshooting. It seems all the users are slowly getting better at the technical things so it won't be as confusing :-)

iterati wrote:Also, you can techically get diagnostics by right-clicking on VectrUI and selecting "Inspect". In the window that pops up, open the "Console" tab. When you send data back and forth it'll show up. I'll try to add more info to that screen for the next version for better troubleshooting. It seems all the users are slowly getting better at the technical things so it won't be as confusing :-)

So I'm on the console but what exactly am I looking for? It redirects to another page with code but it seems that it's the same information each time?