Light is unresponsive

I just got my OSM 2s and I have been playing around with them and last night, on of the buttons was only responding some of the time to my clicks. This morning, I tried re uploading the light from NEO 2.5.8 to see if that helped, and now the light won't do anything when I click it. I tried changing batteries, and even plugged in, it does nothing. Now when I try to compile a sketch, it gives me the following error message:
Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

__NEOv2-5-8br_default\LowPower.cpp.o: In function `LowPowerClass::idle(period_t, adc_t, timer2_t, timer1_t, timer0_t, spi_t, usart0_t, twi_t)':
C:\Users\kingcohen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\__NEOv2-5-8br_default/LowPower.cpp:149: multiple definition of `LowPowerClass::idle(period_t, adc_t, timer2_t, timer1_t, timer0_t, spi_t, usart0_t, twi_t)'
LowPower.cpp.o:C:\Users\KINGCO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build6766099320555427356.tmp/LowPower.cpp:149: first defined here
__NEOv2-5-8br_default\LowPower.cpp.o: In function `LowPowerClass::idle(period_t, adc_t, timer2_t, timer1_t, timer0_t, spi_t, usart0_t, twi_t)':
C:\Users\kingcohen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\__NEOv2-5-8br_default/LowPower.cpp:149: multiple definition of `LowPowerClass::adcNoiseReduction(period_t, adc_t, timer2_t)'
LowPower.cpp.o:C:\Users\KINGCO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build6766099320555427356.tmp/LowPower.cpp:149: first defined here
C:\Users\kingcohen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\__NEOv2-5-8br_default/LowPower.cpp:149: multiple definition of `LowPowerClass::powerDown(period_t, adc_t, bod_t)'
C:\Users\kingcohen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\__NEOv2-5-8br_default/LowPower.cpp:149: multiple definition of `LowPowerClass::powerSave(period_t, adc_t, bod_t, timer2_t)'
C:\Users\kingcohen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\__NEOv2-5-8br_default/LowPower.cpp:149: multiple definition of `LowPowerClass::powerStandby(period_t, adc_t, bod_t)'
C:\Users\kingcohen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\__NEOv2-5-8br_default/LowPower.cpp:149: multiple definition of `LowPowerClass::powerExtStandby(period_t, adc_t, bod_t, timer2_t)'
C:\Users\kingcohen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\__NEOv2-5-8br_default/LowPower.cpp:149: multiple definition of `__vector_6'
C:\Users\kingcohen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\__NEOv2-5-8br_default/LowPower.cpp:149: multiple definition of `LowPower'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Is this an issue with the software or do I just have a bad light?
Thanks

Re: Light is unresponsive  Selected Answer

This looks like an issue with the installation of the software, there can be conflicts between the arduino file with it's folder contents conflicting with the arduino library.

How are you opening the 'NEOv2-5-8br_default' arduino file? Did you copy or import that folder to your library folder?

Re: Light is unresponsive

I used the tutorial on the NEO forum to download arduino and the NEO software. It was working when I first downloaded it, and it still works with my other lights. As an update to this post, I just downloaded the vectr firmware. When I uploaded the vectr firmware to the unresponsive light, it turned on to the first mode of the defaults, and the colors and pattern show like the other lights. When I clicked the light to change to the next mode, it did nothing. I tried holding it down to turn it off, and again it did nothing. I tried clicking and holding the button for awhile to change the mode or turn off the light, and it did nothing the whole time. I had to take out the batteries and have the light unplugged to turn it off. The moment I plug it in or put the batteries in, it turns on and won't turn off or change. It seems to me like the button is broken.

I am running Arduino 1.6.11, which is the newest firmware. All of my other lights work with no issues. On this defective light, whenever i upload new firmware to the light, it turns on to the first mode, and seems to accept the firmware with no issues. When I click the button to go to the next mode, or hold it to turn off the light, it does nothing. No matter how many times i push or hold the button, it does nothing. I have to leave it unplugged and remove the batteries to get it to turn off. I haven't had any issues loading firmware onto the light as of yet

These lights are gorgeous but the build quality is lacking, I've broke the button on one of my lights after only weeks of regular use. Luckily I bought a few extra incase something like this happened or one was faulty. I don't know what to suggest but yeah you're not alone.